Introduction (Please provide brief about Department/Sub Department)
Dept of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology situated at present in underground portion of OPD building and will be shifted in near future in newly constructed college administrative building having fully functional infrastructure for 100 student intake per year.
Mission(Please provide brief about Mission of Department/Sub Department)
To create competent Doctors possessing sufficient skills to handle medico-legal cases and common medico-legal problems faced in day to day practice.
Vision(Please provide brief about Vision of Department/Sub Department)
1. To imbibe Truth, Honesty and Integrity in the medical students.
2. To create 100% learned graduate who can understand, face and solve any medicolegal emergency or problems.
FUNCTIONS & OBJECTIVE
Functions:- To provide the following services
1. Teaching of undergraduate students.
2. Training of Intern doctors.
3. Training of Postgraduate students.
4. PM Examination work, sexual offences and special cases of age determination..
5. To guide, train and help Police officers in investigation of death and crimes.
6. To deal with special circumstances of complex medicolegal issues in college.
7. To guide medical officers in medicolegal problems.
8. To train medical officers to turn them in to competent persons to handle handle medico-legal cases and common medico-legal problems faced in day to day practice.
9. To give opinion in complicated medicolegal problems.
10. To help judiciary in administration of justice .
ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE & CHART
||Name of Officer
||Dr. V.R. Shegokar
||Professor & Head,
Department of Microbiology
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
i) Dr. V. R. Shegokar , Professor & Head of Department -
1. Gold Medal Award for first case of Human Trypanosomiasis in the World–Indian Association of Medical Microbiology, 2005.
2. Gold Medal Award for first Medical Field survey for Human Trypanosomiasis, Indian Academy of Tropical Parasitology, 2007.
3. International Training on HIV/AIDS at OSAKA in Japan, 2012.
4. Nodal Officer of STI/RTI, National Project linked with five states 2007-2012.
5. Guest Speaker in National Conference, Indian Academy of Tropical Parasitology.
6. International Collaboration with University of Pennsylvania & Principal Investigator for Project Study on “Null Alleles” of APOL-1.
ii) Dr. V. S. Rathod, Associate Professor
1. Appreciation letter from Medical Education & Drug Department, Mumbai, 1999.
2. In-charge of Dengue, Chikungunya and Japanese Encephalitis Sentinel Surveillance Centre, DR. Shankarrao Chavan Government Medical College, Nanded.
iii) Dr. B. A. Munde, Assistant Professor
1. Appreciation letter from Dean, Indira Gandhi Government Medical College, Nagpur in 2010.
DEPARTMENT WISE FACULTY DETAILS